Saturday, November 18, 2017

Yu! (Box Opening/Review)

Hello hello!

I did something kind of dumb in late September-- I not-not impulse bought a doll. It could've been worse than it was-- god only knows how many more expensive dolls exist-- but it was still far from my smartest retail therapy move. She would've happened anyways, as she's here to be besties with the tiny I'll be getting with my DollZone order, but my timing definitely could've been better.

Regardless.

She's a green ResinSoul Yu, and I got her with a face up! She was, as I expect with ResinSoul by now, packaged very nicely in this little bag.

I. Kinda dig the old lady fabic

She was wrapped safely and arrived undamaged. One thing I really appreciate is that ResinSoul consistently under-declares the value of their dolls on customs forms. I live in the US, but I know how much import fees hurt some of my EU friends, so like. That's nice.

Just ResinSoul things: "Yep. $7" (Her shipping was more than that!)

She also shipped quite quickly! Once I finished my short little layaway, she shipped right out. I got my notice on November 12th, and received her yesterday (November 17th). She got stuck in customs for a bit both on her way out of China and on her way into the US, but that's tended to be the way it goes with doll stuff for me, and Black Friday (shudder) is soon. I actually did a panel on BJDs for a school org last night, but unfortunately our mail room hadn't processed her yet and refused to be helpful about it, so I actually picked her up right after my panel ended. But I did still get her quickly, and that's what counts!



And look what a cutie she is! I don't have clothes finished for her yet, but I have plans to throw together a quick little dress out of some brown faux suede I have on hand. I meant to use it for a swap project that wound up being too ambitious for me, so now it's just around, and I'll have it for future projects! And it's gonna be so cute on her. For now, though, she gets one of Amelia's tee shirts.

It is. Pretty huge on her.

She seems to pose okay! She can stand, as you can see, and she can sit as well. She seems to have the same trick knee as my other single-jointed ResinSoul, Bridget, but she seems to be alright so far! I may try to restring her a little tighter, but that's a project for another day, I think.

She's so cute

Her resin seems pretty typical of ResinSoul. It's certainly not the best resin ever, but she's just fine. I adore the color, though, it's a nice green that I think my camera actually did a pretty decent job capturing.

I don't presently have any issues with her. She's a little patoot-- those ears-- and I am sooooo looking forward to getting her dressed up and "finished," which for me means that a doll has the right eyes, face up, wig, and at least one outfit, including shoes and, if applicable, accessories. That doesn't mean I'm done working on their wardrobe, just that the doll itself is "done."

I have some of a background planned out for her, but not all that much of a character character? Girlie needs a name, I've been calling her The Goblette while I've been waiting for her. I kinda wanna call her Gretchen, but I get the feeling that isn't going to stick for long, so I suppose we'll see! Her tag is gonna stay "The Goblette" for now, but I'm sure that will change eventually.

Because of how things lined up with doll plans and purchases, my next big post of note will actually also be a box-opening (depending on shipping speed, that could change). See you then!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful colour! I have a dark tan Yu (little booger still hasn't told me her name yet, so she's got a number of temporary ones). :) I came through DoA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love ResinSoul's dark tan, I'd love to see pictures of your Yu if you have a link!

      Delete