Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Silly Wants: Doll Underwear

Hello!

Sorry for no post on Saturday, it was a weird week and I haven't had much chance to write. So instead of the box opening post I've been working on-- I really want photos of her together and the ability to talk about her posing before I post it and trying to string her has been a nightmare-- here's a "silly wants" post.

Doll underwear. It's impractical, unnecessary, and so cute, and I'd love to have at least a pair for each of my dolls. Maybe this is a weird thing, but I like thinking about what kind of underwear my dolls would wear if they were people. I think it's a neat little character detail, and I think doll underwear is adorable-- like most doll clothes, honestly-- so it's something I'd like to have at some point, but don't presently because I'm still building up things I consider wardrobe "essentials" for my dolls, so right now, while cute, it's pretty low on my priority list. So, without further ado, a little post of undergarments I like for each of my dolls!

Bridget:

Bridget really does not do feminine, and I feel like she'd be most comfortable in boxers and a tank top! Alice's Collection has some nice options for boxers, but I've also been loving some designs from etsy. This one, from Shiraya's Wardrobe, is my current favorite. I love the stock image design, but it's not currently listed as an option, so I'll either wait, message the seller (it's an option on some other listings, so maybe?), or just order in black if I do decide to buy it. The same seller also does tank tops, and a black one would be ideal. Starrshine Designs, also on etsy, does some PJ sets that could potentially be used as underwear, but they're surprise sets, which is a little bit of a non-option for me.

They'd be so perfect for my little emo baby
(Source: Shiraya's Wardrobe)

Amelia:

Amelia, on the other hand, very much does feminine. If I bought underwear for her, I'd definitely prefer to just do matching sets. Honestly, I don't love most of the options I've found from the major places I usually go to for doll clothes-- I have scoured etsy, I have seen everything-- but I really like this Fairyland set for Minifees, which should fit her:

I love florals on her
(Source: Fairyland)
I've also poked in some other places, and MR.D:D has some options I like as well. Their newer things are more expensive, but some of their re-releases are more in the "Fairyland expensive" range rather than "excuse me while I cry" range. I like this set a lot for her!

I. Mentioned I love florals on her
(Source: MR.D:D)

Cassandra:

Cassandra wears Gothic Lolita, so I tend to think of her in black bloomers and an overbust corset. I've had a really hard time finding just a simple black overbust corset for SD girls, but I'm still hunting. I've had okay luck trying to find bloomers, but it's a little weird-- most people don't seem to make bloomers for SDs, and the people who do mostly make fancy ones or ones with odd patterns, not simple pairs. For overbust corsets, I really dig this one from Seventh Soul on etsy:

So pretty!
(Source: Seventh Soul)
And for bloomers, I found this cute "and chemise" set from Sweet Gyrl Two on etsy! I don't know that I'd have a use for the chemise, but I could potentially use it as a night shirt.

(Source: Sweet Gyrl Two)
Hopefully by Saturday I'll have Cassandra properly strung! If she is, expect a post about her, otherwise, I'm thinking a general collection post.

See you then!
~Theo

No comments:

Post a Comment